Standards of Excellence
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE PDF
The purpose of the Ironworkers’ Standards of Excellence is to reinforce the pride of every Ironworker and our commitment to be the most skilled, most productive and safest craft in the Building Trades.
As Union Ironworkers, we pledge ourselves to uphold our word, as given through our Collective Bargaining Agreement, and display the professionalism expected of our trade and Union in all aspects of our employment as exemplified by the values ingrained in our Standards of Excellence.
It is our commitment to use our training and skills, each and every day, to produce the highest quality work worthy of our name and consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. As an Ironworker member, I agree to:
- Adhere to my responsibilities under the Collective Bargaining Agreement for start and quit times, as well as lunch and break times.
- Allow my Representative to handle any disagreements or breaches by refusing to engage in unlawful job disruptions, slowdowns or any activities that affect our good name.
- Respect the Customer’s and Employer’s rights, property and tools as I do my own.
- Meet my responsibility to show up every day; outfitted for work and fit for duty without engaging in substance abuse.
- Cooperate with the Customer and Employer to meet their statutory, regulatory and contractual responsibilities to maintain a safe, healthy and sanitary workplace.
- Do my best to work in a manner consistent with the quality, productivity and safety of every task that I am assigned.
- Do my best to help every co-worker return home safe at the conclusion of every shift
The Ironworkers’ Standards of Excellence will increase the pride, the productivity and the craftsmanship of every Ironworker throughout North America. This commitment will improve work place conditions, increase work opportunities, and help maintain our wages, benefits and standard of living. In addition, the Standards of Excellence will help our signatory employers complete their projects on time, on budget with no injuries or accidents.
In accordance with Article XXVI, Section 15 of the International Constitution, charges may be preferred against any member for violations of the Ironworkers’ Standards of Excellence, including, but not limited to the following reasons:
- Taking a job referral and not reporting to work,
- Failing pre-employment qualifications,
- and/or Discharged for excessive absenteeism.
Fines for the first offense shall be no less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) or no more than one (1) day’s pay including fringe benefits and working assessments of eight (8) hours.
Members having been found guilty of a second offense, fines shall be no less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or no more than one (1) week’s pay including fringe benefits and working assessments of forty (40) hours.
Members having been found guilty of a third offense, fines shall be no less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) and no more than two (2) week’s pay including fringe benefits and working assessments of eighty (80) hours.
Any member found guilty of the aforementioned violations three (3) times within a three (3) year period may also be expelled from the Local Union subject to the approval of the General Executive Board.
I acknowledge this responsibility and pledge my word to do the same